Sales Engineer USA
Industrial Solutions for Automated Ingredient Handling
The Austrian-based family owned company Daxner is a global industrial solution provider for automated ingredient handling, manufacturing advanced equipment for processing foods, contributing to food security and high energy efficiency.
We engage in process-engineering solutions for plants, handling powders and bulk goods, including liquids. For almost 40 years we have supported our partners in the food & beverage, animal feed and chemical industries worldwide. Daxner‘s strength is the development of innovative and customized high-tech production plants as turnkey solutions.
Daxner USA, Inc., (and its parent company Daxner GmbH) is an international manufacturer of specialized equipment for the handling and transporting of bulk solids in the food & beverage, animal feed and chemical industries. Daxner has an opening for a Sales Engineer. The location is flexible as the position requires travel around the United States.
This position is to lead the business development and sustain the growth of Daxner’s business in the United States, particularly new plants and equipment sales to food & beverage, animal feed, and chemical companies through business development activities. This role requires technical sales and bulk solids materials handling experience. Geographically, this position is flexible as it requires travel around the United States.
This role is important for Daxner to establish and sustain a leading position in the food processing/ bulk solids handling industries in the United States. To that end, the individual is expected to have existing industry relationships and to be an expert on the customer processes as far as their current demand or amenability to food & beverage, animal feed, and/or chemical industries. In most cases, the expertise in this role is primarily associated with developing and realizing plant solutions and components for the smooth handling of powders and granules. Daxner’s strength lies in the development of innovative complete solutions: from consulting through engineering, production, manufacturing and assembly up to commissioning which leads to complete food and beverage systems.
This role will work closely to develop local sales, sub-regional marketing, business management, advanced technology and equipment engineering, to promote, sell, implement and support our differentiated bulk solids applications, technologies and equipment. The individual will function as our key expert. Travel: 75% within the territory. Occasional international travel.
This position reports directly to the CEO if the Daxner group, Mr. Christian Daxner.
- Develop and advance the current opportunity pipeline in the United States and in support of growth objectives.
- Identify and develop new prospects in the food & beverage, animal feed and chemical industries.
- Audit prospects and customer processes to identify new or more efficient use of bulk material technology.
- Engage with sub-regional marketing, segment marketing and lead generation in order to develop a broader opportunity pipeline.
- Development of customer-specific concepts and quotations with involvement of our domestic and international experts.
- Business development, market assessment, strategy and establishing new accounts.
- Support and consulting of customers in technical, technological and business matters with a high competence in plant and process engineering. Bring feedback from the field on industry needs (economic, regulatory, process flexibility, etc.).
- Work with customers and internal groups in advanced technology, computational modeling and marketing to develop technical papers and marketing materials that showcase modeling or lab/field demonstration of Daxner product offerings.
- Engage external partners to provide full solutions to the customer, as applicable (e.g. engineering firms who are engaged by customers to find bulk solids solutions).
- Maintaining key accounts. Supporting existing clients.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Undergraduate technical degree required, preferably a BS in mechanical engineering or food science.
- Undergraduate business degree or MBA a plus.
- Multi-year experience in the food & beverage, animal feed, and/or chemical processing industries.
- Strong candidates will have experience in capital equipment sales.
- Experience in technical service, sales, or applications development a plus.
- English fluency required. German language skills are a plus.
- Goal-oriented, self-driven and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and levels, both internally and externally
- Good communication skills and strong influencing skills.
- Willing to take initiative and work proactively internally and externally.
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; profound CAD knowledge is beneficial
Daxner offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans and excellent earning potential with base salary and commission based bonus. Travel expense reimbursement, company phone plan and laptop, company credit card, and more. Enjoy competitive PTO offerings with vacation time, personal days, and holidays off!
Become part of an innovative, forward-thinking enterprise and join our dynamic team!
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Daxner, will be contacted.
Daxner is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Stellenanzeige vom: 23. Mai 2023